A company’s most valuable asset is their trade mark. It can be used in a registered or unregistered form, although we always advise to register a trade mark. Registration gives the proprietor the best protection and chance of legal redress against a third party using the same or similar mark.
Through the process to obtain registration of a trade mark we:
• advise to carry out a search of the trade marks register, to ensure that there are no identical or similar registered marks, pending applications
• file and prosecute your trade mark application with the relevant trade mark authority
• advise, prepare and file opposition, cancellation and other proceedings
• conduct searches on your behalf
• maintain watching service
• advise on domain name issues and registration on the Internet.
• advise and assist with infringement related proceedings.
There are other systems for obtaining registration of a trade mark such as the European Community which gives protection throughout the 28 member countries or the Madrid Protocol System where participating countries can be designated. Information and cost on these systems will be provided on request.